Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your wishes for this forum?
Cool idea!

I have a question: Would it be possible, that in the "Trade-list"-section, one can "mod" their own threads?
So, that, if the topics stars to get confusing/unclear, we can delete posts from there, which have nothing to do with the actual list (questions, comments, update-notifications, etc.)?

This just came into my mind^^

Cheers,
[Image: lifadrammstein.gif]

[Image: uploaderoftheyear.jpg]
Hey guys!

Just an idea: What about a "news" section where news concerning bands, personal changes, new cds, tourdates etc. are posted (some kind of one thread per band)??
How is the 'elite area' going?

Anyway, I have a new idea for that elite area.
How about a forum where people can post venue information?
To post their experience with filming there, how tight the security is, how hard it is to sneak cam in, etc. Smile
my main wish is turning off e-mail activation of new members
if noone has noticed, people here are the same as were at bandsvideos
why?
because almeida turned on email activation and neither me nor jorg knows how to turn it off
we have over 500 registered users in "users awaiting activation" section (twice more than active users)
as there's no sendmail installed on server (and won't be) they will never get activation email
LOL
ingram Wrote:my main wish is turning off e-mail activation of new members
why?
because almeida turned on email activation and neither me nor jorg knows how to turn it off
we have over 500 registered users in "users awaiting activation" section (twice more than active users)
as there's no sendmail installed on server (and won't be) they will never get activation email
LOL

I do not have that problem because I am not a Mod or an Administrator and this is probably why.
Online Trade Status: Active (PM for Details.)
Snail Mail Trade Status: Active (PM for Details.)
My DVD List: http://kreepykidd.webs.com/

I'm Back!
ingram Wrote:my main wish is turning off e-mail activation of new members
why?
LOL

I just disabled it. The reason I did this was to prevent the bots from posting (I'm sure you saw that they were registering). I didn't know that we weren't able to get any activation emails sent out.

Do me a favor now that it is disabled and see if you can sift through the usergroup "Users Awaiting Activation" and activate the users who appear to be actual humans.
Formerly Bunny

[Image: qxtdme.gif]

[Image: memberoftheyear.jpg]
Almeida Wrote:Do me a favor now that it is disabled and see if you can sift through the usergroup "Users Awaiting Activation" and activate the users who appear to be actual humans.

Yo, Aaron! I don't see any reason in doing so as most of them were registered in april / may and now these people have forgotten about our forum and their inactive accounts. And we even can't send them emails with notification for the same reason Smile I think of deleting all of them, so those of them who would like to join our forum again in the future would be able to register with their old nickname. Now i want to listen your and Jorg opinions Smile
ahmmm well, its new for me that we must activate some users XD
Why arent they automaticly able to post here? we might should change that for the future.
And ingram might be right, when they sign up in april/mai, they dont care about us now^^ at least i wouldnt
Yeah, I disabled it now so no one needs activation before they can post.

How about we just delete every user from April/May and before who has 0 posts? That will get rid of those who have probably already forgotten about the board because they were awaiting activation as well as every single bot.
Formerly Bunny

[Image: qxtdme.gif]

[Image: memberoftheyear.jpg]
infact that we get already 2 spam boots today, we might should activate it again?
Then we 3 just have to check it 2-3 times a week

But i prefer that, otherwise it will end like bandsvideos here XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  forum got hacked FlavorFlav 12 98,341 03-25-2014, 06:10 PM
Last Post: DeeSeven
  forum malware infected FlavorFlav 13 142,292 04-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Last Post: FlavorFlav