Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
forum got hacked
the forum got hacked and looked like this:
http://www.qldsupraclub.com/forum/forumd....php?f=112
or
http://www.cauldronliving.com/forum.php

i think they used one of the known exploits for the forum software (vBulletin® Version 4.1.8 ). can someone say me who was the original creator of this board? who installed this vbulletin board? i think we should upgrade to the newest version, otherwise this forum will get hacked very fast next time. (i only fixed the evil code the hackers included in the database, i have not fixed any security issues)
ingram or Jörg I believe.
I'm sure it was ingram, should I contact him and tell about this, because he is rare guest here nowadays?
shows to attend 21.02.18 * updates daily
the problem is: vbulltin is a commercial software. i', not sure if we are running a legal version ^^ and if we wanna stay with vbulletin. if it would be a free forum sript, i would simply upgrade it myself
yeah, i know about legal stuff, I dont think we use a legal version, I'll ask ingram
shows to attend 21.02.18 * updates daily
forum was set up by Jorg, board script is nulled version
IMO we should switch to phpbb as its free, way more user friendly, holes fixed etc..can probably shadow this boards info so people have the same post count etc.
DeeSeven

List
i don't know if Jorg is around any longer !?
if anybody is ok with it, i would think about migrate to phpbb or mybb next week
FlavorFlav Wrote:i don't know if Jorg is around any longer !?
if anybody is ok with it, i would think about migrate to phpbb or mybb next week

sure whatever is good for the board
Reminho Wrote:sure whatever is good for the board
Agreed as long as we can keep the posts. :p

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  forum malware infected FlavorFlav 13 141,646 04-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Last Post: FlavorFlav
  Whats your wishes for this forum? The Pretender 34 118,187 07-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Last Post: KREePyKiDD